Thursday, November 3, 2011

Project 7: C4K (Month of October)

For the first week, I visited the Wiki of Room 32010, a wiki that seems to be the collaborative effort of the students in classroom 32010 of a school in New Zealand. I was assigned to a student named Gina, and I introduced myself as a United States University student, and then commented on the difference in the way our education system works (grades for us vs. levels for them).

For the second week, I had two commenting assignments: first, I visited the blog of Aliya by assignment. She had a post entitled "Why are Flamingos Pink?". I left an introduction, then told her how much I enjoyed reading her post. I found it to be the most fascinating post yet out of all of my C4K assignments, probably simply because of my love for Science.

Next, by use of the random name generator, I visited Sydnie's blog. Sydnie wrote a post about the history of the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road?". After introducing myself, I told her that I found her post very interesting. It was great to hear the history of such a common joke.

For week three, I visited Rhiannon's Blog. She is a 3rd grader at Leopold Primary School in Victoria, Australia. Her most recent post chronicled her trip to Melbourne, Australia, where she visited a lego convention. I commented that I've always wanted to visit Australia and that I loved to play with legos as a child. I asked her if legos were a popular toy in Australia, informing her that they certainly are here.

In week four, I visited the blog of Room 9 at Pt. England School and enjoyed Taimana's animation and informative video about leprechauns. He told facts about the myths regarding them (such as that each coin represented a year in their life) and made a quick animation of a leprechaun, rainbow, and pot of gold.

Finally, I visited Ms. Gwaltney's 10th-12th grade History class in Portland, Oregon, and read a post entitled "The Power of Research". It was enjoyable to read a blog of students only a few years younger than me. The student (Elliot) was talking about an independent research project he participated in. I commented, agreeing that such a project would be very interesting and could easily help benefit one's research skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment