Friday, September 30, 2011

Project 7: C4K (Month of September)

For my first C4K, I commented on a post by Annexee at Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. In her post "Champions", she talked about the school's Year 7 Rugby Team recently winning a tournament in Auckland. Apparently, they went undefeated for twelve games. I told her how impressive that was to me after introducing myself.

A couple of days later, I actually received a sweet post on my blog from Annexee, saying thank you for my comment and telling me that she thought I'd be a great teacher. I can't lie, that absolutely made my day.

The next week, I visited Tamara's blog, also at Pt. England School. Her most recent post was about the flag of Romania, and she gave a description of what the different colors meant. I told her that I enjoyed her post and that I felt like we should all strive to have the different character traits she listed. I asked her what she felt her strongest and weakest were from the list after giving mine.

For the third week, I visited the Coastal Technology Project blog maintained by Anthony Capps and Martha Yim. My assigned post was by Ms. Yim, where she spoke on her experiences in the first week of the project. I loved her point about having to ease students and their teacher into the use of this technology - it allows them to be less scared and simply learn on their own. I'm looking forward to following this project as it progresses throughout the year. As I pointed out to Ms. Yim in my comment, it seems that when I was in school, the new technology was simply placed in the hands of the teachers - but the idea of placing it in the hands of the students is very exciting!

In the fourth week, I visited Alex's blog. Alex is a student competing in the International Blogging contest, and he posted several introductory facts about himself. He is twelve years old. In my comment, I compared how we were alike and different and invited him to view the "About Me" presentation on my blog, which I gave him a link to.

1 comment:

  1. Very good, Isaac! Glad you enjoyed the assignment. It is always exciting to read blogs from students all over the world. Just imagine how exciting is for them to get your comments and read what you wrote about them!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete